The Miami J Cervical Collar is recognized through multiple studies as the superior immobilizer for patients afflicted with all types of cervical injuries over other commercial cervical collars. Miami J cervical collars feature unique qualities that enhance both compliance and help speed patient recovery. The Miami J Collar’s design provides effective immobilization, inhibition of skin breakdown, and superior patient comfort.
Miami J Collar Features:
- Phenotype-driven sizing system makes size selection simple.
- Sorbatex™ padding provides antibacterial defense and ensures comfort for maximum compliance.
- Every collar is bioengineered with its own matching front and back panel to accommodate each patient’s anatomy.
- All Miami J collars, accessories, and pads are latex-free and MRI / CT scan compatible.
- Numerous clinical studies and independent research confirms the Miami J feature set provides superior immobilization, comfort and patient recovery.
- Removable sternal pad at the bottom provides additional support for the neck without sacrificing comfort.
- Multiple ventilation holes enhance airflow and aid in preventing skin breakdown.
- The Miami J class of products includes the Miami JTO® Thoracic Extension for complex cervical and high-level thoracic injuries and the Occian™ Back, which is designed to replace the Miami J back piece with a pressure-relieving solution for those patients who are at a very high risk for occipital breakdown.
- Clinically tested to provide superior immobilization.
- Specifically designed in multiple sizes to provide a more exact fit based on your body type.
- Provides effective cervical spine immobilization for all different types of injuries.
- Features a bio-engineered front with a specific back designed to work together for providing a great fit.
- Removable Sorbatex pads are designed to protect skin integrity during extended wear.
- Angulation buttons on the sides allow for easy adjusting.
- Removable sternal pad, and an optional assist strap allow for the greatest amount of flexibility and comfort without sacrificing on immobilization.
- Sorbatex pads are washable and should be changed when the patient bathes, or approximately every 24 to 48 hours.
- Can be ordered as a single collar, or as a package with an extra pad set.